The International Organisation of Vine and Wine is an intergovernmental organisation made up of Member states.
The Agreement of 3 April 2001 was signed by 35 sovereign States and was subjected to different internal procedures (approval, acceptance or ratification). The Agreement went into force on 1 January 2004, following the deposit of the 31st instrument of ratification.
As of 13 June 2013 the International Organisation of Vine and Wine was made up of 45 Member states.
The international treaty of 3 April 2001 also enables some territories and organisations to participate in the OIV works as observers.
- AIDV - International Wine Law Association
- Amorim Academy
- AREV - Assembly of Wine-Producing European Regions
- AUIV - International University Association of Wine
- CERVIM - Centre for Research, Environmental Sustainability and Advancement of Mountain Viticulture
- FIVS - International Federation of Wines and Spirits
- OENOPPIA - Oenological Products and Practices International Association
- UIOE - Union Internationale des Œnologues
- VINOFED - World Federation of Major International Wine and Spirits Competitions
- ASI - Association de la Sommellerie Internationale